Fletch’s, Inc. (hereinafter “Company”) takes the health and safety of our employees very seriously. With the spread of the coronavirus or “COVID-19,” a respiratory disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, the Company must remain vigilant in mitigating the outbreak. In order to be safe and maintain operations, we have developed this COVID-19 Exposure Prevention, Preparedness, and Response Plan to be implemented by the Company. The Company will continue to monitor the related guidance that U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (“OSHA”) continue to make available.
This Plan is based on information available from the CDC and OSHA at the time of its development and is subject to change based on further information provided by the CDC, OSHA, and other medical and public officials. The Company may also amend this Plan based on operational needs.
Customers and Other Visitors:
- The number of customers on the dealership premises shall be limited as advised by current local, state and federal guidelines to limit the spread of COVID-19;
- All customers will be screened in advance of entering the dealership facilities. If the customer answers “yes” to any of the following questions, he/she should not be permitted to access the jobsite:
- Have you been confirmed positive for COVID-19?
- Are you currently experiencing, or recently experienced, any acute respiratory illness symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Have you been in close contact with any persons who has been confirmed positive for COVID-19?
- Have you been in close contact with any persons who have traveled and are also exhibiting acute respiratory illness symptoms?
- Deliveries will be permitted but should be properly coordinated in line with the Company’s minimal contact and cleaning protocols. Delivery personnel should remain in their vehicles if at all possible.
- If required by local, state or federal order, all customers and other visitors will be required to wear a covering over his or her nose and mouth—such as a homemade mask, scarf, bandana, or handkerchief; the Company may require customers and visitors to comply with this requirement notwithstanding the lifting of any local, state or federal order or guidelines.
DEALERSHIP CLEANING AND DISINFECTING
The Company has instituted regular housekeeping practices, which include cleaning and disinfecting frequently used tools and equipment, and other elements of the work environment. Employees should regularly do the same in their assigned work areas.
- Break/lunchroom and bathroom areas will be cleaned frequently. Employees performing cleaning will be issued proper personal protective equipment (“PPE”), such as nitrile, latex, or vinyl gloves as recommended by the CDC.
- Any trash collected from the jobsite must be changed frequently by someone wearing nitrile, latex, or vinyl gloves.
- The Company will ensure that hand sanitizer dispensers are always filled. Frequently touched items (i.e. door pulls and toilet seats) will be disinfected throughout each business day.
- Vehicles and equipment/tools must be cleaned before change in operator or rider.
- The Company will clean those areas of the jobsite that a confirmed-positive individual may have contacted and it will do so before employees can access that workspace again.
- The Company will ensure that any disinfection shall be conducted using one of the following:
- Common EPA-registered household disinfectant;
- Alcohol solution with at least 60% alcohol; or
- Diluted household bleach solutions (if appropriate for the surface).
- The Company will maintain Safety Data Sheets of all disinfectants used on site.
- The Company will sanitize/disinfect/wipe down customer vehicles at drop off and pick up.
- The Company requires that employees place seat, floor mat and steering wheel protectors in all vehicles.
- The Company will not permit customers to congregate in close proximity in small waiting rooms and will encourage social distancing and workers and customers will maintain at least 6 feet of distance between them to the extent possible.
- All employees involved in touching customers’ vehicles must use rubber gloves and change them frequently and must change or wash gloves before working on a different vehicle.
- The Company will place hand sanitizer in all customer and employee areas, including every desk, customer waiting area, parts counter, technician stalls, etc.
- The Company will place signs and put tape on the floor or use pre-made floor markers to remind everyone of social distancing.